Menu

Toledo
Executive
Airport

  • Code: TDZ
  • Phone: 419 865-2351

Toledo Executive Airport (TDZ) is located seven miles southeast of Toledo in Millbury, Ohio. The airport is primarily used for corporate aviation, premium air freight services, emergency aviation services, law enforcement, flight training, privately owned aircraft, and offers an array of aircraft services.

The history of Toledo Executive Airport begins on June 22, 1927 with the establishment of The Toledo Airport Committee. This committee was tasked with raising funds to establish an airport in Toledo, and on June 3, 1928, The Transcontinental Airport of Toledo, Inc. (a private enterprise) opened. It soon became the second largest airport east of the Rocky Mountains. However, when the Great Depression hit, airport traffic decreased significantly and The Transcontinental Airport of Toledo, Inc. ultimately closed.

The City of Toledo acquired the rights to the airfield, renamed it Toledo Municipal Airport, and it became the primary airline airport for the City until the late 1950s when the influence of general aviation and the demand for business and private air travel increased in the early 1960s. The airport became a general aviation airport under the name Metcalf Field. In 1973, The Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority acquired the airport. In 2011, the Port Authority renamed the airport to Toledo Executive Airport.

Tenants at Toledo Executive Airport include: